• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Constant need to urinate- should I use antiduiretic or not?

Harambulus

Greenlighter
I have been looking into anti-diuretics to prevent me from pissing so much. The only thing is that I am thinking this might be the opposite to what I want. I ask this because when I took MDMA I would get aweful bloating and water retention and being unable to piss. Is the water retention due to anti diuretic properties or is water retention something different in itself?

I have been looking up natural anti diuretics and licorice root seems to be one but as it's side effects say that it is also noted to cause water retention.

This is totally not what I want. I don't want to just not be able to piss while still backing myself up! I want the constant over production of urine to stop, not just plug myself so that when the herb wears off I'll be bursting to go. From my experience with MDMA water retention did nothing to stop the urge to go. Actually it did in the short term. While high I would lose the urge to piss but when coming down I had the hideous realization that my bladder was about to burst. I then couldn't go even when I wanted to so that is even worse than needing to go and being able to. At least then you can get some relief if only temporarily.

I guess the only way is to give it a whirl and see. It's only a herb so I can test it tentatively and find out for myself.

The doc has suggested in the past I try an antiduiretic but wouldn't the same apply for a prescription one, which is why I'm asking on here if it is suggestible or not. I'll give the herb a whirl then might mention to doc next time I see him if no joy.

So does anti diuretic stop the production or just back you up? If it's the latter then that just seems like delaying the inevitable...

As I said the licorice root claims it does both (the water retention being a 'side effect') :( which is not what I want. :!

if you don't have infections and this is a long-term problem there's a good chance it's hormone related. request an ADH test from your seemingly unconcerned doc (a blood test which measures plasma concentration of antidiuretic hormone) it's secreted by the pituitary gland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasopressin

Thanks.

I tried out the licourice root last night and it worked to quell the urgency to go.

I could still feel the urge in the back of my bladder so to speak but wasn;t an urgency like usual.

But like you say best go see doc bout it cos I'm not sure how good it is to take the licourice stuff all the time as it is meant to raise blood pressure and cause water retention. It's prob alot more benign than any 'chemical' I would get given by doc tho.

The same thing happens to me when I take amphetamines,

While high I do not need to urinate but the second I start coming down, I get attacked with a wave of what I call "piss sessions". Literally back to back (5-10 mins apart) I will be pissing out bladder-fulls for about an hour. Fucking sucks when I am trying to get to sleep